There is a place that we as Christians must be able to walk if we desire to see the manifest Presence of God working in our lives through miracles of healing, casting out devils and such. That place is perfection and holiness. It is possible to lead a Holy Spirit led life and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. What is the definition of perfection and holiness? That is answered in Job 2:3 "..one that feareth God, and escheweth evil".
King David knew that perfection was possible and he understood the requirements of holiness and its lifestyle. He describes it as he wrote Psalm 101. One thing we should remember is that even though we are under grace in Christ it is not a reason to relax and coast into Paradise with Jesus, it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a Living God! (see Heb 10:31)
If I told you living holy was easy then it wouldn't be the truth, but if we are willing to do it, then there is a greater anointing that our LORD will supply because of the sacrifice. This sacrifice can simply be to turn off the TV, stop going to movies, and seek His Face in the prayer closet. He is a rewarder…
Heb 11:6 KJV
(6) But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
There is a place of holiness that God expects of His people to walk. Read 2Co 7:1 and take note that Paul said "let us" cleanse ourselves, he didn't say let the grace of Christ cover us from every defilement of body and spirit….but what did he say…..bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God. When we truly fear the LORD we will choose to flee sin and run to Him. It is not the desire of the Father for you to enter into temptation, but to defeat it through prayer and fellowship with Him so He can deliver you from the evil.
Mat 6:13 KJV
(13) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
2Co 7:1 ESV
(1) Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.
Job 2:3 KJV
(3) And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
Psa 101:1-4 KJV
(1) A Psalm of David. I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.
(2) I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
(3) I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
(4) A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
Blessings of His Love, grace and peace be multiplied extravagantly to you!
Pastors & Psalmist Gary and Rhonda Petzoldt