(28) And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching,
(29) for he was teaching them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.
I get a picture in my minds eye of this crowd….jaws dropped down and eyes opened wide. There is a big difference in hearing a message of God that carries the Authority and Anointing of Christ vs religious shows.
Authority and the Anointing comes as we submit to the Father’s way and obey His Word and commands of holiness. The demons do not have to listen to one who is not walking in this true place of submission, it is dangerous to even attempt deliverance without having it:
(13) Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims.”
(14) Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this.
(15) But the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?”
(16) And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
(17) And this became known to all the residents of Ephesus, both Jews and Greeks. And fear fell upon them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was extolled.
Be blessed with His Great Love today!
Pastors & Psalmist Gary and Rhonda Petzoldt